Skip to content
- Honorable mention. Best Shortform Science Writing: July – December 2020. News, Investigative, or Data (601 – 1400 words), for this story.
- Recognized in Notable Travel Writing of 2019 by The Best American Travel Writing, series editor Jason Wilson, guest editor Robert MacFarlane, for this story.
- Runner-up 2017 Society Professional Journalist/Hawaii Best Features Blog for “Tracking Twain.”
- Inaugural Storyknife Fellow, 2016.
- National Tropical Botanical Garden Environmental Journalism Fellow, 2016.
- Winner 2016 Society Professional Journalist/Hawaii Best Features Blog for “Malama Monk Seal Voyage: A Journey into Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument to Save Endangered Hawaiian Monk Seals.” Judges’ comment: “These blogs were real page-turners (figuratively, not literally). A fascinating read of Kim Rogers’ adventures chronicling a ship’s quest to save Hawaiian monk seals. An incredible trip interestingly told.”
- Finalist The Nature Conservancy Photography Contest, 2016.
- The Dinkelspiel Scholarship, Squaw Valley Community of Writers, 2010.
- Eloise Klein Healy Scholarship, Antioch University Los Angeles, 2005.